- Stabilization of Structure
- Support of Muscular System
DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy is a leading non-surgical alternative for disc related syndromes of the lumbar and cervical spine. DTS Therapy uses simple, yet sophisticated equipment manufactured by the leading rehabilitation equipment manufacturer in the US, The Chattanooga Group. Chattanooga's Triton® DTS Decompressive Traction System is the most popular decompression system with over 1,200 installations worldwide.
The gentle distractive forces of the Triton® DTS creates decompression, the unloading due to distraction and proper positioning, to improve blood flow and important nutrient exchange to the injured area.
Your comfort and safety are of primary importance during DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy. Therefore, unlike any other decompression device, you have several positioning options. Only if you're 100% comfortable will you be able to achieve the ultimate objective of complete rehabilitation of your discs and spine. During DTS Therapy, you'll experience several cycles of stretch and relaxation, which gently graduates to a peak over a period of several minutes.
Therapy sessions typically last less than 20 minutes, and most patients feel pain relief with as few as 6 - 10 treatments. It is important to remember however, that pain subsiding does not infer that your discs and spine are healed, so it's critical that patients stick with the treatment protocol prescribed by their practitioners in order to achieve the full value of DTS Therapy.
DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy is a pain-free alternative that has shown a very high rate of success at reducing or even eliminating back and neck pain. If you suffer from chronic, debilitating, low back or neck pain, you owe it to yourself to call our office today to make an appointment to see if you're a candidate for DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy.
Our office is dedicated to offering the latest, state-of-the-art therapies for treating pain in the low back and neck, sciatica, pinched nerves, and bulging or degenerative disc diseases. We believe DTS Spinal Decompression Therapy to be the most advanced, non-surgical and pain-free alternative.
- What is Decompression Therapy? A non-surgical highly effective solution for disc pain and carpal tunnel syndrome. It can effectively enhance the healing process and render quick, effective and amazing pain relief that enables most patients to return to a more active lifestyle.
- Is Decompression Right for Me? This treatment is highly successful for patients suffering from bulging, herniated, degenerative, or ruptured discs as well as sciatica, carpal; tunnel syndrome, and many failed back surgery cases. Dr. Spencer Hoffman will carefully examine you to determine whether you are a candidate for Decompression Therapy.
- How is it Administered? Decompression Therapy is administered to patients fully clothed face down or face up on the table.
- How long does it take? Decompression Therapy begins with a series of eight(8) to twelve(12) minute sessions typically 3-4 times per week. After each session, electrical muscle stimulation and ultrasound is applied to help relax your muscles and ligaments.
- How About After the Treatment? After treatment, your doctor may prescribe exercises specifically designed to help you regain your control and strengthen the co-contractor muscles which are responsible for stabilization. Clinical studies suggest Decompression Therapy provides a majority of qualified candidates with initial relief within a few sessions.
- Can I Afford Decompression Therapy? Decompression Therapy is an approved procedure that is covered by most insurance companies, and is compensated under Workers Compensation and Personal Injury.